Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vampire Academy

Synopsis: After two years on the run, best friends Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy. Up until then, Rose had kept Lissa safe from her enemies; school, however, brings both girls additional challenges and responsibilities. How they handle peer pressure, nasty gossip, new relationships, and anonymous threats may mean life or death. Likable narrator Rose hides doubts about her friend behind a tough exterior; orphan Lissa, while coping with difficult emotional issues such as depression and survivor’s guilt, uses her emerging gifts for good. Mead’s absorbing, debut YA novel, the first in a new series, blends intricately detailed fantasy with a contemporary setting, teen-relevant issues, and a diverse, if sometimes stereotyped, cast of supporting characters.

My Review: I will admit, I have had this book for a long time. I didn’t want to really read it since I am so loyal to the Twilight books. With that being said, I wish that I had read it sooner. It is amazing. The characters are great, the writing style is wonderful. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series to see what Rose does next.
Read them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment